All 22 art Reviews

Fay SG Fay SG

She is really beautiful and the anatomy is fantastic~ I love the clothing choice as well, all the colors compliment each other to bring your attention around the piece. This is really nicely done!

THE DEVIL THE DEVIL

This is really cool! I love how it's all put together. My only suggestion is the lined screen-tone maybe put on just the suit? That way it gives the suit texture but doesn't interfere with the rest of the subject as much. However, even as is, it is really nicely done. I could see this as a card or in a video game as the introduction to a character. Very nice!~

portrait portrait

Wow, this is beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Even if it's not finished, it's still gorgeous. The lines are soft like the colors so nothing drowns anything else out... The expression is pleasant. It's all very calming and beautiful. The colors fade so nicely into one another, it's just really nice. Reminds me of candies and dreams.

saninakreid responds:

Wow, thank you so much!! I wish I really had the patience to clean this up but...baha. This is the most loveliest comment I've ever gotten on Newgrounds! I hope you enjoy some of my future artworks as well - i'm still experimenting! :')

Thank you again!!

I'm here for you I'm here for you

This is absolute gorgeous. Wow. Like... wow. The anatomy is fantastic, the coloring is fantastic, the whole thing is just beautiful. Even the way they're interacting is done great... Like you've got the smush of fur where one is laying on the other, that's a really nice touch! I agree that a background would be nice though if you're worried about making a bad background, one thing you can always fall back on is a nice gradient or even a single colored background with a colored border. Those are simple and help to frame the subjects without worry of ruining it.

Swoky responds:

Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it and it motivates me to draw more, and be braver about the background next time. (This one was a gift for someone so can't do anything about the background anymore)

The Stag The Stag

Wow, this is really good!! I love the different elements added in between swirls and spikes, it's really a nice touch. My suggestion for future reference is the top of the head between the antlers seems to just cut off, though... Maybe like one or two more little small swirls of fur up there would do. Aside from that, though, I dig this a lot. I love how strange it is... Like it seems like a dream, it's really super nice!! It's fascinating, I keep going back up to look at more because it's so cool. Great job!

ItsMacklin responds:

Thank you! :)

Take A Knife From The Kitchen And Follow Me Take A Knife From The Kitchen And Follow Me

Wow, I love this. I just absolutely love this. Could just be this is my preferred aesthetic but I don't care. My main suggestion is to make the arms longer and make where the elbow is a little more clear since one arm looks like one large/long piece with no bone structure. Aside from that, however, I am really digging this style! You have so much potential. There's detail yet it's simplistic at the same time, it's great, truly.

RedAndrew responds:

Thank you so much. Will look at the criticism and make something out of it for future works.

Spyro Spyro

This is really fantastic! I love the scales and you rendered them, absolutely fantastic. The blue lining that fades helps Spyro to pop out from the white canvas so it works well on my end. The way you faded it in places helps to draw the eye around the entire piece so that's good too. My only suggestion is the arm/legs and wing anatomy. For help with wings, I would suggest looking at bats and the skeleton of it before tweaking it to fit your style. Then for the arms, it seems like the one on the right is bent a little funny but that may just be me. For the legs, that's always a difficult thing, I can't think of how to help to fix it since I have that problem as well but I can suggest references if you can find any. Even a dog would work since (if you know the anatomy of your dragon) you can tweak it to fit your piece.

Again, however, I love this. Honestly, I think it would make an excellent print and I love how the scales in the foreground are the brightest before fading to less detail in the back. It really draws the eye as well as looking very photogenic. (If that makes any sense)

SpecterWhite responds:

Honestly, I didn't use any references with the anatomy (aside from some pictures with Spyro), I just went with how I felt about it, so it might be wrong in some points as you said. I was trying for it to look better as a whole rather than actually making it look 100% realistic. But thanks for the comment! Oh, and It looks great on a print in a purple frame since I actually had to print them as a gift.

winter winter

This really is very gorgeous!! Very nicely done~ My only complaint is the head shape is more canine-like. Reindeer have like a rounded triangular shape to their head and the forehead slopes down to the nose, not the angle. That's my anatomy suggestion, though. Otherwise, this is absolutely gorgeous like wowza I love it so much. It's so pretty, the colors compliment each other so well... I love it so much. You did really great!!

Littlepinkmonkey responds:

I will look up more reference pictures next time :)

SMUCKERS SMUCKERS

This is really fascinating!! I love the style and all the designs/textures. It seems like once I've scoped out one spot, another has even more. This is just really fascinating. It looks like mixed media, honestly, and the whole thing is really cool. It looks very surreal and keeps you looking for more. Definitely a good choice in everything.

MetalGearIzanagi responds:

thank you so much!!!!!!!! Everything you just said is what I aim to do! I like to call this sort of mixed media as "neo-pop art" haha

Ash Angel Ash Angel

This is really cool! The textures are fantastic, the background versus the character really make the two stand out from each other while still appearing as one piece, and the painterly feel to it is gorgeous. You did really well on those weapons even and straight lines can be really difficult so great job on that. The hood is really cool looking and kind of reminds me of a reaper type character yet while this character seems like he could be dark, he also feels light... like a vigilante or something. My only complaint is the wings. They don't look anatomically correct. I realize a lot of people don't draw wings anatomically correct but it's just something that would really make the piece that much better. Other than that, however, this is really gorgeous and I hope you keep up the beautiful work (I'm seriously loving those clothes, they look fantastic)